The moment you meet someone their first glance almost goes on your hands and feet. Unkempt nails will make a dent in your look, no matter how impeccable it is otherwise. Nail polish is that makeup essential that completes your look. Not only do nail polish colours make your hands and feet look gorgeous, but nail polishes also have tremendous benefits for your nails and cuticles.
Nail polish that contains vitamin E, minerals, cuticle oil, etc., and free of harsh chemicals and alcohol help in nourishing, conditioning, and strengthening your nails. Not just this, it also conditions your cuticles and prevents the growth of bacteria and fungus.
With many brands moving towards chemical-free products, it’s very easy to buy nail polishes online that are organic.
How to choose the right nail polish?
There are so many varieties, formulas, and colours of nail polishes available today, all with their numerous unique features, that we spend hours finding that perfect nail polish. In fact, from a basic nail colouring tool, it has become a full-fledged nail art technique. So where do you start?
To help you select the best match for yourself, we have classified them based on:
Different textures of nail polishes
- Crème: This is the standard and all-time-favourite type of nail polish that you have always been wearing. These generally come in solid nail polish colours.
- Matte: Matte nail polish is loved for its elegant and muted non-shiny finish. It is generally applied on top of the regular crème polish to give it a matted look.
- Metallic: Also known as chrome, these metallic nail polishes come in colours like copper, bronze, gold, etc. These are extra shine and make your nails stand out.
- Glitter: Also known as shimmer nail polish, glitter nail polish has tiny particles of glitter that make it perfect for summer wear.
- Gel: Gel nail polish is one of the trendiest nail polish that lasts way longer than the other ones. It is loved for its smooth finish and is ideal for longer wear.
- Duochrome: Mostly layered on a darker base like black nail polish, these nail polishes are loved for their different colours under different lights making them a stunning multicolour nail polish.
- Mirror: Mirror nail polish has a glass-like finish and has a chic and edgy look. This is a beautiful nail polish that’s available in colours like champagne, gold, and silver.
Choosing nail polish colours based on your skin tone:
Nail polishes are just like face makeup- they need to complement your skin tone for them to shine through and make you look beautifully flawless. Here’s how to match them to your complexion and its undertones:
- Pale complexion: Pale skins have cool undertones and light pastel nail polish colours go the best with it. You can choose colours like pink, blue-based red, coral red, green, pale beach, beige, etc. Avoid dark shades like dark blue, black, or red nail polish, which will make you look paler.=
- Light complexions: This is a fair complexion with warm undertones and looks great matched with beige, silver soft orange, berry shades, and white nail polish, etc. Avoid very dark orange, gold, and black colours.
- Medium/Olive complexions: People with this skin tone look great in colours like bright orange, light blue, lilac, silver, and nude nail polish, etc. avoid dark shades of purple, red, navy blue, etc.
- Dark complexions: Deep hues like burgundy, plum, purple, yellow-based red, green, pink nail polish, etc. are flattering on this skin tone. You should avoid orange, yellow, neon, pastels, etc.
Based on ingredients
Besides the traditional nail polishes, several organic nail polish brands India today offer herbal and natural nail polishes along with non-toxic ones that are made without harsh chemicals like formaldehyde resin, parabens, toluene, animal-derived ingredients, etc. These nail polishes are made with ingredients like:
- Argan Oil for moisturising your nails and cuticles.
- Vitamin B, C, and E for nourishing and moisturising dry nails and cuticles and improving their strength.
- Plant-based formulas like the ones with lavender extracts, Hydrolyzed silk, and Horsetail extracts, etc. to soften your cuticles and nails.
How to apply nail polish?
For the nails to turn out neatly done and look flawless, it is important to follow these basic techniques:
Here’s how to apply nail polish perfectly:
- Nail polish application: Start by applying a base coat with transparent nail polish to allow it to stay for a long time. Apply a thin coat on the nail’s center without letting it bleed out to the cuticles and then move towards the sides. Let it dry and top it with 2 more coats.
Some pro-tips for nail polish application:
- If you are applying glitter nail polish, do so in a dabbing motion to ensure that the glitter is placed well.
- A gel nail polish needs an LED lamp curing. It’s best to get it applied at a salon for the best finish.
- Chrome nail polishes are best applied with a powder coat to get the best nail polish colours and their effect.
- If you are using sheer nude nail polish, apply at least 3 topcoats to get a finished look.
Why choose Health & Glow?
Nail polishes are an essential part of makeup that not only help in making us look great but with the right ingredients, they also nourish and strengthen our nails and cuticles. For these reasons, they need to be purchased only from the most-trustworthy places like Health & Glow. Our 2 decades of experience in meeting people’s beauty and wellness needs has helped us carve a niche for ourselves as the most genuine seller with the widest range of makeup products.=
We also let you choose from a range of brands and shades when you buy nail polish online with us. Each product has its ingredient list for you to ensure that they are safe for you.
Here are some great reasons to shop with us:
- 100% genuine products: We feature only the most trusted global brands on our website ensuring that you get only the most authentic products. Every product comes listed with information on its shelf life and country of origin.
- Wide range of products: We not only help you buy branded nail polishes online, but also offer a huge assortment of skincare, hair care, wellness, health, and home care products. This also includes organic and natural makeup products.
- Glow Rewards: We love rewarding our customers with Glow Rewards and Glow Points when you buy nail polish online in India with us. These points can be redeemed against future bulk purchases like that of nail polish kits and nail polish sets and get priority access to exciting deals and offers.
- Best deals and heavy discounts: Health & Glow is one of the few platforms that offer you discounts up to 40 % when you buy nail polish online. This means you pay lower nail polish prices and buy more.
Additional features: Click & collect from our 160+ retail stores across India, express delivery, safe payment options, and self-checkout.
Health & Glow features the best nail polish brands in India like:
- FACES Canada
- Swiss Beauty
- Roots Nail Play